Saturday, November 11, 2006

My devil doesn't wear prada...

...if she did I may have a little more respect for her. If my devil looked anything like Meryl Streep (see picture on left) than at least I could stare at her all day in awe. Unfortunately my devil looks more like my least favorite aunt - the one who told me I was too fat as a kid and too skinny as an adult. You know which one I'm talking about.

Anyway, the boss lady has been keeping me quite busy which is why I've been lacking on the postings. The promotion meant more meetings and more work. Unfortunately, the more meetings part meant I didn't have time to do the more work part. After taxes, I think I ended up with the short stick. *Oh well*. While I may be in misery, there is no need for the girls of the department to be in the same misery. Our coordinator made a suggestion and I agreed - we needed a bonding experience. The ultimate decision: the marketing team that strips together stays together hence Sheila Kelly's S Factor. Haven't heard of it? Well, it's pretty much a striptease and pole dancing class.

The great thing about the intro class is that it forced everyone to leave work at 5:30 so we could be on time. We walked into the dance studio and was told the intro class was held across the street. My draw dropped when I saw the building. Sheila Kelly had transformed an old church into a strip dancing studio!!! Sacrilege - exactly what I need. It was almost like being a part of a secret society. Someone asked us what meeting was being held as we opened the large church doors.
"A woman's meeting", our assistant giggled as she attempted to hide behind her yoga mat. (Oh god, I'm tainting her!)

The room was dark and filled with women of every shape and age. Our teacher looked like she had a full time job at Scores but sounded like she was 16 - did I write 16, sorry I meant 14. "Like, now, when I strip it's totally an emotional experience." (okay, if she had stopped there I would have just nudged my manager and smiled, but she went on) "I totally can't strip for
people without crying and I do it 6 hours a day." (this is where she scared me a bit and the nudge became a grab with a quick glance at the door) We spent half the time stretching and the other half learning a pole trick. I actually got the hang of it. By the end of the night I was wishing I had some more pole time.


As I walked out of the class I wondered whether I could expense the $480, 8 week course. Hmm, that would be an awkward conversation. I wonder if I could change her mind if showed her my new pole split move.

Maybe I'm
better off trying to convince her to let me expense a retractable stripper pole as a stress reliever. Yes, they do exist and according to my teacher "I couldn't live without one..."

No comments: