Monday, January 29, 2007

Today was a good day...

...Today was dessert day. What is dessert day? Dessert day is when the company caters a variety of desserts to all the employees just because. This happens once a year. I look forward to it all year and somehow I forgot that today was dessert day!!!!! How could I?!

I got the email in the morning and all day I asked people what they wanted for dessert? Were they skipping lunch for dessert? (you get the idea) I even blocked off the half hour on my calendar so I wouldn't forget when they would arrive (thank goodness for Outlook reminders). The past few weeks have been pretty harsh but for some reason - dessert - I was on cloud 9!

Of course, when the dessert actually gets here there's a line down and around the hall. I work for a small company but when it comes to "special" HR activities that involve food everyone seems to turn out and when it means there's more than a dozen people between me and my dessert, watch out.

Of course the on-air editors and the print designers are in the front of the line...they wear jeans and flip flops to work, stroll in around 10:30 and have the excuse of "creative brainstorming" for the hours they spend out of the office coincidentally around lunch time. Despite all this I do love them and if it weren't for their creative minds my party invitations would fall flat...so I'm willing to let them slip ahead in line. It's the accountants that bother me. These are the 9-5 hard core junkies...they don't seem to care about getting my checks to me on time to pay my party vendors but when it comes to leaving work at 5 o'clock they already have their coats on. These are the people ahead of me that annoy the hell out of me. It's 4 o'clock, don't they have a check to cut before they leave?

No comments: