Wednesday, January 10, 2007

A New Year...

There’s a moment I hate. It’s the moment when you exit your apartment and when you look up your standing in the elevator about to exit on your office floor. That’s the moment I hate. It means that you’ve been at your company long enough so the morning commute there is like second nature. It’s the moment when you realize that it’s just another day at work. Just another day. I hate that moment. It’s been a while since I’ve written. Do I have an explanation? Of course. But I’m not going to go into all the details. You’ll learn about it over the next few weeks, but for today it’s just another day.

A New Year mean’s new resolutions. What is a resolution anyway? I asked my girlfriend what her resolution was and she said to try harder. I liked that. Try harder at everything. Try harder at work. Try harder at love. Try harder at life. So I started thinking about my New Year’s resolution. The typical work out more often (yes, I joined a new gym), eat healthier, floss more (I actually think I can do this one)…I had them all. But now I think I’m changing it. Yes, I’m stealing her “try harder” but I’m also adding “balance”. Balance my work time & play. Balance my bitch & sweetheart personality at work. Balance ambition with reality.

Life for me has been all about work and it isn’t changing anytime soon. Since I was 19 I’ve been on the fast track in entertainment. Now that I’m settling into management roles, I need to evaluate what else I want to do. Keep obsessing about work, but yes go to the gym more. Yes, choose days that I do nothing at. And Yes, most importantly choose when to say No to a company. This year’s going to be interesting. The situation with the boss lady has only gotten worst. And to think I was giving her the benefit of the doubt. I think it’s time for me to have one last conversation with her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back

the working girl said...

Glad to be back