Sunday, October 01, 2006

another one bites the dust...

I haven't even had my one year review and I'm about to start working for my third boss. While I like to think that I had no part in the disappearance of my first two supervisors, I have to wonder - is any young ambitious female truly that innocent?

My last two supervisors were women and my new director is also a woman. As I'm sure many of you can empathize with, when you're a woman working for a woman the hours between 9am-5pm Monday through Friday take on the characteristics of a cold war. More on this to come...

The most recent departure was actually quite sad. My former manager, who I'll call Adrienne, had been with the network for five and half years. She was vibrant, bold, and sharp - but not at work. The time and changes of our network had taken a toll on her. She relinquished much of her work to me so that I could " learn". I did my part keeping her in the loop but her fatal mistake was letting go and jumping on board too late. Too late to take ownership, too late to be creative, and too late to be a leader. Her bitter end finally drowned itself with masochistic tequila and mango infused vodka at a local Bleeker street favorite. That was last Wednesday.

This Wednesday is my first day back in the office and I have the pleasure of kicking it off with the 9am daily status report meeting the new boss lady scheduled. Can someone please say venti Caffè Latte?

Technorati Profile

No comments: